Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!! 2006


A Picture Share!, originally uploaded by Rich on the Road.

Happy New Year!!!! Amy and I made it to beautiful Las Vegas earlier today for the big new year’s eve event. Our flight number was actually 777, but I don’t think it will make a difference with our mad skills as gamblers. ….

Anyway, as you can see Amy didn’t quite make it to 2006, "left coast time".. In her defense she was post call. As usual that wasn’t the case for me. I was well rested, since I was post day-off. Man, I have it tuff!! And par-for-the-course, nothing went smooth for Amy on the trip out…

So, Amy gets home from work and we get loaded up in the car and head for MSP in Minnie. We check-in, get on the plane and now we are Vegas bound. As usual, I pimp Amy and put her in the middle seat as I enjoy the roomy aisle set. Unfortunately, for Amy, she got stuck sitting next to this freak. It was awesome!! First the guy was a talker. He was in his late fifties and had brought a National Enquirer to “read” on the trip.. Then, I don’t know why, but this dude’s wife was sitting directly behind him and he insisted on talking to here too, without turning around. That was pleasant. Anyhoo, he quiteed down and feel a sleep. Well, you would think that was a good thing. Nope, not on lucky flight 777. When this guy would fall a sleep we would flail around, like he had Tourette's (minus the funny swearing)… Now the snack cart is making the rounds, remember when a bag of nuts where free? So the guy gets the $3 snack-pack and proceeds to tare into it like a dog ripping up the garbage… Well, my boy needs a Pepsi (empty calories) to wash it down with.. Remember I said the guy twitched when he feel asleep. Now that he’s all jacked-up on the snack-pack and Pepsi. He falls a sleep and has one of these episodes, he knocked over a full Pepsi right in Amy’s lap. He wakes up and is all sorry, and even yells at himself a little, freak… After that the guy got it under control. When we got to Vegas and we where deplaning the guy gave Amy some trick money for the dry cleaner.. odd

Well, sorry for the lack of posts.. I’ll get back on schedule in a couple of days, and I’m sure this won’t be the only photo from our trip……

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year back at you. Glad to see you got there and had some fun.