Monday, January 09, 2006

Stamps are 39 cents starting today…

Why would this matter? Jon? Well about 5 years ago stamps increased to 37 cents. My wife, Amy, is pretty sharp but not necessarily up on current events. That’s my department (slow and obvious).

So, anywhoo. We had just moved to Rochester and been invited to a big departmental BBQ. We had a great time and enjoyed ourselves, maybe too much, glug glug.. So my sweet Amy, did the appropriate thing and sent a Thank You card to the home of the family the hosted the BBQ.

Well, needless to say, I had not done my duty (in the slow and obvious department) and informed my lovely wife that stamps had increased. Later that week, the now director of the department, stopped Amy in the hallway to thank her for the card and to inform her that she owed his wife 3 cents for the postage due, that the mailman was nice enough to collect on delivery.

Have a nice day and don’t forget to buy your 2 cent stamps. I’m sure you will buy too many or not enough of and waste some of the old 37 cent’rs, but isn’t the point…..

1 comment:

Jon said...

Did Amy ever give the guy the 3 cents?