Friday, February 17, 2006

Feel the Need for Speed

This Minnesota speeding ticket from a couple of summers ago should be in a museum someplace. That's because motorcyclist Samuel Tilley, 20, was clocked on a Saturday afternoon going 205 mph on his Honda. That was 140 mph over the limit on U.S. Highway 61. Tilley was clocked at Indy car speeds by a State Patrol pilot flying overhead, stopwatch in hand. The pilot radioed ahead to a state trooper who pulled Tilley over and issued the reckless driving citation. Tilley, is also the son of a sheriff's deputy.

This highway is only about 35 miles from Rochester and runs along the Mississippi River. I ride this same road on my bike quite a bit and I can’t imagine going 205 mph…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rich, come on, you of all people should / could imagine. ("89" mustang? Gaylord?)

Rich said...

That’s why I’m honoring this dude. I realize how hard it is to go really fast and get it clocked by radar….

My record is 135 mph in a 65 mph @ 5:00 am… I made it about 175 miles in 2 hours (plus I had to cross the Mackinac Bridge and stop for gas)…

Yep, the good old days!!!!