Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So Long Old Friends...

Yesterday, I made the call and pulled the trigger on a new pair of Birkenstocks... I had my current pair for over 10 years.. but they are getting a little unsafe.. and after losing most of my summer to a broken foot.. I figured I would pick some up in the fall when they went on sale..

I did get a good deal.. I went to Tradehome in the mall. They're that store with the super high pressure guys that introduce themselves with a hand shake and try to develop a relationship with you (over a pair of shoes)...

Anyway, one of their "cage" questions always is.... So, what do you do? (like they are trying to pick me up in a bar)... Now, I'll set the scene here.. it's 1:30pm on a tuesday afternoon, i'm in shorts, with a baby, in a mall... I told him I'm doing it... He said, What? I said, I'm doing it.. I'm a S@HD... Then he tried to make feel better about "my job".. by assuring me that he thought it was cool... I just commented.. Some people sell shoes and some can choose to raise their children..

Now, what to do with the old Birks... Amy says toss'm... I say, keep them around.. I could use them to wash the car... take out the trash... go get the mail... it would be like a little Birk retirement program...

No comments: