Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Deez Nuts Over Big "D"

Here's the latest news on the McIntosh’s’…

It was reported in March that I was going to leave my job and join Amy in Dallas mid April until August where we would both return to Rochester upon Amy completing her fellowship. Then I would seek an employment opportunity in Rochester.

Well, that’s changed. A terrific opportunity has presented itself to me allowing me stay with
my employer and relocate my daily duties to Rochester. It may not sound like all that and a bag of chips… But… I have been driving and hour (each way) to and from work for about 6 years now (that’s 500 hours per year or about 3,000 hours over the last 6 years)… If you work 40 hours a week that’s only 2,000 hours. Dude! That’s a lot of blogging time…

Now, when Amy returns to Rochester in August we will have more opportunities to see each other. We may even have lunch from time to time, which we have never had the opportunity to do during the work week, ever…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the job relocation. Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Nate, Christine, and Ainsley

Anonymous said...

Hi Rich and Amy...congrats on all the job stuff! We're looking forward to you both coming back! If you need to build a house let me know...Rob works for an awesome builder!

Pam