Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Travel Props!

I must give a shout out to Dan Kurt.. Dan travels internationally quite a bit and he dropped a few nuggets of wisdom on me!!!

#1. Dan told me I was an idiot for not flying first class... Well, I couldn't swing the extra $10,000 it would have taken to upgrade to sit with Amy, so she rebooked here flight in economy class with me... Saving mother mayo $10,000. Other than the LARGE woman that I shared my seat with from Minnie to Amsterdam the flight went well.


Kwik run down... Sat @ 9m we departed and got our first drinks and diner, slept, drinks, slept, drinks, breakfast, drinks... land in Amsterdam.. Sun 1pm we departed, flight attendants got WAY HOTTER... Sometimes it's nice not to follow equal opportunity labor practices.. Oh ya' drinks, drinks and lunch, watched Superbad (uncut and I too suffered from drawing dicks as a small child), drinks, The Simpsons Movie, drinks and desert, and the latest Die Hard movie, drinks.. The beers came in little Red Bull like cans...


#2. Dan told me about seatguru.com. This gave me the information I would need for what to bring with me on the flight and what to expect on the flight..


#3. Dan told me to register with Hyatt Gold Passport. With our stay in Dubai we will be platinum for 2 years... Also, as I'm writing this I'm enjoying a $24 AED ($6.50 USD) coffee for free. I also get a free paper..


#4. Dan blogged on a trip about how the lighting in the room works. I almost got it right. We had to call the desk.. I had the key upside down..






Thanks again Dan...

2 comments:

Hoekzema said...

We need a pic of Amy wearing her head scarf and veil!
Oh, and bring us back some oil...it is getting EXPENSIVE in 'sconi.

Nate, Christine, Ainsley, Beatrix

Mark said...

I see Tiger Woods is leading after the 1st round of the Dubai Desert Classic. Are you giving him a few lessons while you're over there. Fo' Shizzel!